The training program for the PADI / DAN Basic Research Diver and Operator course is aimed at divers and freedivers, who wish to actively participate in research by learning to record the dives of other divers / freedivers accurately and efficiently and submit them for research at Project AWARE and DAN Europe Research.
Objectives of the PADI / DAN Basic Research Diver and Basic Reserach Operator courses
The PADI / DAN Basic Research Diver and Basic Reserach Operator courses were created to introduce students to the knowledge and skills required to complete Citizen Science investigations in Dive Marine Biology and DAN Research.
The objectives of the course are:
- Sending the related data to the DSL on their own dive profiles and those of other divers;
- The state of hydration;
- If available, upload the data provided by the Advanced Laboratory (such as Doppler, Thermal Imager, Hematocrit, Glycemia, etc …) to the DSG.
The surveys and data sent as part of the Basic Research Diver and Basic Research Operator are essential to stimulate changes on Climate Change.
These courses are also a tool to attract new divers and grow the environmental movement.
They can be useful for:
- Recruit volunteers for your prevention, preservation, and research activities;
- Keep people interested in diving during the winter months or in other seasons when it is a period of diving activities;
- Demonstrate that PADI and DAN organizations and its members not only teach people how to dive and to make diving safer through prevention using responsible practices, but also to become so towards the marine environment;
- Be a professional in your local community using the PADI / DAN Basic Research Diver course in schools, with youth groups and others.
The PADI / DAN RDC Awards are state-of-the-art diving centers that, while encouraging aquatic environmental responsibility, provide targeted educational programs and experience opportunities, excel in providing quality services, present a professional image and actively promote benefits recreational diving, freediving, snorkeling, and environmental protection.
They regularly offer continuing education programs to ensure divers have the opportunity to improve their skills and knowledge.
In the community, these are active diving facilities, and are committed to satisfying the customer and making him have fantastic diving experiences, they have an extremely trained and specialized support staff.
This new range of Research and Citizen Science specific educational programs is intended specifically for diving centers, dive boats and shops, and is offered exclusively to the PADI / DAN RDC Awards.
PADI/DAN BASIC RESEARCH OPERATOR INSTRUCTOR
Philosophy and Objectives of the Basic Research Diver and Basic Research Operator courses
- The course aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to complete Citizen Science investigations in Dive Marine Biology and DAN Research;
- Sending data to the DSL, relating to their own dive profiles for the BRD and those of other divers for the BRO;
- The degree of hydration pre and post dive (Only for the BRO);
- If available, upload the data provided by the Advanced Laboratory to the DSG (such as Doppler, Thermal Imager, Hematocrit, Glycemia, etc … – Only for BRO).
The PADI / DAN Research Dive Center Award is a distinguishing logo for Members of the PADI Retailer and Resort Associations who actively issue PADI / DAN Basic Reserach Diver and Basic Reserach Operator diving certifications. The PADI / DAN Research Dive Center Award (RDC) consists of professional centers, recreational scuba diving, freediving and snorkeling operators, recreational scuba diving boats and commercial facilities offering various other types of services related to diving, research and to Citizen Science.
The RDC / HYDRA Award structures intend to provide Clients with the knowledge and skills necessary to complete Citizen Science investigations in Dive Marine Biology and DAN Research, send related data to the DSL on their own dive profiles and those of other divers, the degree of hydration, and if available, upload the data provided by the Advanced Laboratory (such as Doppler, Thermal imaging camera, Hematocrit, Glycemia, etc …) to the DSG.
For info send email: firstname.lastname@example.org