The PADI / DAN Basic Research Diver and Basic Reserach Operator courses were created to introduce students to the knowledge and skills required to complete Citizen Science investigations in Dive Marine Biology and DAN Research.
The objectives of the course are:
- Sending the related data to the DSL on their own dive profiles and those of other divers;
- The state of hydration;
- If available, upload the data provided by the Advanced Laboratory (such as Doppler, Thermal Imager, Hematocrit, Glycemia, etc …) to the DSG.
The surveys and data sent as part of the Basic Research Diver and Basic Research Operator are essential to stimulate changes on Climate Change.
These courses are also a tool to attract new divers and grow the environmental movement.
They can be useful for:
- Recruit volunteers for your prevention, preservation, and research activities;
- Keep people interested in diving during the winter months or in other seasons when it is a period of diving activities;
- Demonstrate that PADI and DAN organizations and its members not only teach people how to dive and to make diving safer through prevention using responsible practices, but also to become so towards the marine environment;
- Be a professional in your local community using the PADI / DAN Basic Research Diver course in schools, with youth groups and others.
The PADI / DAN RDC Awards are state-of-the-art diving centers that, while encouraging aquatic environmental responsibility, provide targeted educational programs and experience opportunities, excel in providing quality services, present a professional image and actively promote benefits recreational diving, freediving, snorkeling, and environmental protection.
They regularly offer continuing education programs to ensure divers have the opportunity to improve their skills and knowledge.
In the community, these are active diving facilities, and are committed to satisfying the customer and making him have fantastic diving experiences, they have an extremely trained and specialized support staff.
This new range of Research and Citizen Science specific educational programs is intended specifically for diving centers, dive boats and shops, and is offered exclusively to the PADI / DAN RDC Awards.